Sunday, May 20, 2012

What's in Your Spray Bottle?

Most "Naturals" have a spray bottle.  In that spray bottle they have a concoction of what works for their hair as far as moisturizer or and detangler. I have a leave-in detangler so my bottle is used for moisturizer. I am still trying to perfect my recipe that works best for my hair. When I first got my spray bottle I was following a trend or a "fad" of a natural that lives across the street. I had no idea what to put in it, or why I had it for that matter, so I asked her what was in hers. First mistake of transitioning is asking someone else what They use for Their hair, because Their hair is NOT Your hair. She had a mixture of Aloe Juice, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, and Jojoba Oil. Sounds good but when she made some for me (minus the jojoba oil because she was out) it came out smelling like sardines in a bottle with coconut. Also it did nothing for my roots or my ends... both textures rejected the mixture promptly. I was going to pour it out but then I realized that the smell was coming from the aloe juice, it was rancid! So I took a syringe and sucked the oils out of the bottle and placed them in bottle without a spray nozzle. I used the coconut and olive oils to seal my ends after detangling and it turned out great! So then I thought to myself, I know how to seal my ends and I no longer need a spray bottle for that so what do I put in the bottle??? Well as you all may know, I use the Shea Moisture line of products and I was running very low on the Curl and Shine Moisture Milk which by the way is an AWESOME moisturizer. I was also low on funds so I added a little water to the remaining mixture. It made a small difference in the amount of Moisture milk but not enough to last as long as I'd need it to so I put it in the spray bottle, I had another product that was good at moisture retention; Cantu Shea Butter Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment, so I added some of that to the bottle as well as more water. The mixture is okay but not great! The Cantu Strengthening Treatment does not mix well with water and will always separate after sitting for a while, so if you try this mixture please shake well. I think however that I will try a different mixture when that one is gone. So that's what's in my spray bottle but what I really want to know, What's In Your Spray Bottle???

No comments:

Post a Comment