Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Big Chop!

I've waited for so long to do the big chop. Most people would say that 8 months isn't a long time, especially those of us who've waited a year or two and "long term transitioned"; well I tried that and it's just not working for me. I'm so ready to be through dealing with two different textures. What works for one never works for the other and since the inevitable is cutting those relaxed ends lose I figured why wait! I'm excited and just a little apprehensive about losing the length. My apprehension comes from the stares I am bound to get at my job, the times I will be addressed as sir instead of ma'am by a customer and just dealing with the reaction at school... other than that I'm as ready as I can be. I see the big chop as a fresh start and claim of self-love and devotion to the real me. I planned on recording the whole thing but as it turns out I'll be going to the hair appointment alone and will only do short video clips and before and after pics. So stay tuned I'll definitely share this experience with my readers. Also I ordered new products from Henna Sooq and Nappturalistic Beauty and will be doing product reviews on them as early as next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment